Cod au gratin with Farga Milenaria olive oil emulsion and sea lettuce
1,000 g of desalted cod (loin) | 100g of baby carrots | 50g of leek | 10 g powdered sea lettuce | 1 garlic clove | salt | flour | 200 ml of Farga Milenaria olive oil
- Cut the cod in pieces of 200 grams.
- Put the cod with Farga Milenaria olive oil and the clove of garlic in a vacuum bag and seal it. Place the bag with the ingredients in the oven at 100 ºC for about 15 minutes. Carefully remove the cod from the bag and reserve the remaining oil.
- Emulsify the oil with a blender, adding the sea lettuce during the process (you can help with egg yolk).
- Cover the cod with the emulsion and set aside.
- Clean baby carrots and leek. Leave the carrots whole (with a little leaves) and cut the leek in julienne strips.
- In a saucepan with water and salt, blanch the carrots for a few seconds. Immediately afterwards, stop the boiling process with water and ice.
- Sprinkle flour and salt over the leek and fry over medium heat, making sure it does not burn.
- Cook the cod au gratin at 200ºC, either in an oven for about 6 minutes, or in a salamander for 3.
- Sauté the carrots in a frying pan with a little Farga Milenaria olive oil.
- Plate the cod with the skin facing up, cover it with some of the fried leek and decorate the plate with the baby carrot.
Telephone: 964 88 03 33
Av. Méndez Núñez, 85